Have you ever had trouble growing your own garden? Maybe you want to grow them inside all year round, but live in the freezing cold where window drifts blast them and they slowly stoop to their ever ending shriveled-ness and sun doesn’t seem to exist for 6 months out of the year? Well there may be a solution!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and ads that I may earn a commission from at no extra cost to you.
It’s called…the Smart Garden! If I’m being honest, this is NOT something I have tried yet. I am, however, intrigued. I mean, look at that beautiful, indoor garden this lady has growing right on her kitchen counter!
Side note, anyone else think it’s funny she’s drinking her green drink in a wine glass?
Let’s talk about what the heck this thing is. Here’s what they say:
With a Smart Garden you’ll get:
- Automatic watering
- Perfect amount of light thanks to pro-grow lights
- Perfect amount of nutrients and oxygen at root level
- Companion app to become a plant expert
- Choose from 50+ pre-seeded plant pods from our selection or use your own seeds
- A Complimentary set of plant capsules: tomato, basil, salad
So why use a Smart Garden vs your everyday normal garden?
- 95% less water is used than traditional agriculture, and faster growing producing 365 days/year.
- 24/7 access to the freshest foods; herbs, flowers, salads, fruit “anything you want.”
- Get produce you feel good about eating, no mass production
- No GMOS, or pesticides, no harmful substances are used
Below is how the unit works:
The soil was inspired by Nasa to bring the best oxygen and nutrients to the plants. The Smart Garden has LED light overhead and when combined with the right amount of oxygen and nutrients per their soil, a year-round garden is in full boom!
The cost ranges from a smaller unit to larger unit $99 to $199. This price includes pods to get the garden started. For a three-piece plant pod pay $9.95 (remember that includes the oxygen and nutrient rich soil); or pay or get a nine-piece pod set for $23.95.
I am hoping to get one of these for my birthday (hint, hint, wink, wink). I would love to have flowers I can cut and display all year long!
If you would grown anything for the entire year, what would you choose?